There is no substitute for a dedicated, knowledgeable set of eyes on your product, offering you a fresh perspective. When it comes to real-time evaluation of your digital content, 3rd i Digital’s expertise is unrivaled in the business, and our staff’s broad base of knowledge is unmatched.
3rd i Digital works with 4K/UHD, HD, and SD NTSC/PAL digital media content on every available source and in various formats, whether it be tape-based like HDCAM SR, or purely file-based. And we work both in-house at our Culver City facilities, and on location at numerous post production houses throughout Southern California, as well.
- Work hand-in-hand with producers, filmmakers and production houses to customize workflows and budgets to their specific needs.
- Collaborate with content owners and partners to create and maintain technical specifications.
- Assist hardware and software technology leaders in developing and optimizing their products.
Categories below describe our services in greater detail.
3rd i Digital performs a comprehensive analysis from the Original Transfer Master through to all deliverable formats.
- All common file types supported, including IMF, ProRes, image sequences and DNx
- All common resolutions and formats supported, including UHD/4K, Dolby Vision and HDR10
- M&E QC
- Dolby Atmos QC
- Closed captions QC
- Harding Photosensitive Epilepsy (PSE) Testing
- Software QC
- Streamlined, Technical QC of Catalog and Archival material
FILE PREPARATION SERVICES
- IMF package creation, including SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos
- DCP creation with output to CRU drive or digital files
- General transcoding, proxy creation and editing
- Chapters/iTunes Extras scenes lists creation
- Full linear review of compressed masters compared against source material
- All current formats supported including UHD, HDR and 3D
Menu Page QC
- Comprehensive evaluation of every aspect of Blu-ray and DVD menus.
- Review of menu elements for graphics, spelling, translation, and logic ahead of authoring
Optical Disc QC
- Disc builds reviewed at both emulation and check disc stages
- Disc logic and navigation verified to client specifications
- Games and interactive elements tested
- Full linear review of video, audio, subtitles and captions in feature and extras
- Spelling and translation verified in most common languages
- All current formats supported, including Ultra HD Blu-ray with HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Blu-ray 3D, and immersive audio formats.
VR / AR QC
The experiences offered by VR and AR applications are richer and more varied than traditional presentations. As a result, the impact on the consumer is that much greater.
- Software Experiences and 360° Video
- Review of video and audio for potential distractions
- Full UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) testing
- Cybersickness potential and expected comfort level rated